Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Art of Alcohol Ink

Many of you may be familiar with alcohol inks. A lot of us that use polymer clay also use these inks to add color and energy to our polyclay projects.  You never get the same effect twice especially when using the alcohol blending solution (this is from the Adirondack line) or the  Claro Extender from the Pinata line of inks). When adding these products the inks dance and swirl and create designs all by themselves.  It's really quite magical. Oh...you can also use these salts to achieve some sweet effects. However, over the past few months I have become more familiar with a group of artists that are painting with theses inks.  The results are organic with exquisite color and rhythm and flow.  The part I admire most is the sense of control these artists seem to have over the inks that I am unable to master.

Here is some work by Pamela Radwan.
I get such positive feelings when I see these beautiful images.